About the Pub
Built around 1960 as part of a massive expansion of housing in the Neithrop area of Banbury, it is named after a local man who commanded the British forces during the Battle of Denmark Strait against the German battleship Bismarck.
It was a typical two room wet-led pub, but in 2017 was demolished to make way for housing on the site.
KCC began on site 04/06/19 with site strip and reduce dig. Around 1000 m3 of spoil and 4 skips of roots and stumps were taken off site in the 1st week.
Once reduced the foundations for the new flats and plot 8 house was dug and concreted by pump (C&G Concrete) (90m3).
Works continue on the new permeable carpark and services supplying the lighting and car charge points.
Works have progressed well with the new permeable access road now completed to tarmac level, eventually this will be core drilled before the final grit and Marshalls Priora Block Paving system placed on top.
Drainage has also been continuing along with the incoming water, electricity and gas trenches.
Due to the limited space to the front of the properties these services were all installed at the same time using combined trenches.
This created some what of a logistical nightmare getting in and out to back fill but we got over this hurdle in the end.
Plots 3-7 now concreted and services and drainage being installed.
Works have recommenced on site which should be our last visit to completion. We will require around 4 months to complete the remaining drainage, services and hard landscaping.